Applying H4 EAD while H4 extension in process and current I94 expired

• As H4 extension is in process, what to write in Q21a for I94 of form I765? Should we write the current I94 number which is expired on Aug 3?

• And should we send the expired I94 copy as a document or just I539 approval notice will suffice?

We already have one detailed answer for this scenario here:

Let me know if you need more information.

I saw the answers and it helps to some extent.

1. For I94 number, I just want to confirm the Question number in new form I765. Here it says 'Leave Q14 blank which I think is not the case in new I765 form (I think it is Q21a). Can you please confirm?

2. Also, I have read on website that we have to send the I94 copy as a document as evidence of your H4 status. Below is how it is mentioned on the website -

• A copy of your current Form I-797 approval notice for Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status; OR
  • A copy of Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, showing your admission as an H-4 nonimmigrant or your most recent approved extension of stay.

Can we send the current I94 which is expired on Aug 3 or just I539 receipt notice (don’t have approval notice as it is in process) will suffice?

Thanks.

Hi @akshaymgala
Thanks for highlighting the old form q numbers. I have updated them now.

1. Yes, it is Q 21A now. You can leave it blank now.
  2. Send the copy of H4 extension receipt.

Thanks a lot for your help!