Applying for H4 COS and EAD along with Premium processing for pending H1B extension

h4-ead

Hi,
Im new to this group, but the community discussion and topics were really helpful.

My Scenario
I recently applied for my H1-B extension(approved I-140), but we have decided to apply for my wife COS to H4 and subsequently H4 EAD(she is currently working with STEM OPT valid until Feb 2020). Now the premium processing has opened for all the applications.

1. Can we apply for premium processing along with H4 COS and H4 EAD or Is premium processing only applicable for H1-B petition as the original packet is only for H1-B extension?
  2. If premium processing is not applicable for my case. Do you suggest to wait until the result or we can initiate H4 COS and H4 EAD asap (possible new rule changes).
  3. Also, Any advice on H4 EAD ? we are worried once we apply and her H4 COS status is approved, but not the H4 EAD. In that case, she would loose her STEM OPT that is valid until Feb 2020. This cautioned on delaying her application, but then if DHS proposed any new changes we loose it completely. Tough spot :frowning:

Thanks for your help.