Apply Indian PCC from Japan for Australia PR?

Hi Anil, your posts are really helpful.

Living in Japan, Applying Australia PR

I am Indian living in Japan with my husband. Since last 1 year we are in Japan and we are planning to get Australian PR. Where do we need to apply for this Police Clearance Certificate?

Apply Indian PCC after Australia PR invitation?

and when do we need to apply? Is that after getting Invitation letter from Aus. Govt? Please guide.

Apply Indian PCC before or after Australia Invitation - Your choice

You can apply for Indian PCC either now or after receiving invitation. The only thing to keep in mind is that Indian PCC takes about 4-6 weeks to be issued and your only get 60 days to respond after receiving Australia invitation.

PCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue

Apply Indian PCC with Indian Embassy in Japan

Indian PCC is issued by Indian Embassy if you are currently living outside India. You have to find the one that caters to your home address in Japan and apply there.

Let me know if you need more information.

I appreciate your suggestion of applying now to save time later. Thanks!

How to apply at Tokyo Indian embassy

Indian Embassy is in Tokyo (https://www.indembassy-toky… which offers service of PCC.
On their website, list of required forms is given.

Send original India Passport?

But I have not understood how to apply, I mean do we directly need to send original passport and alien card with required filled forms to the embassy? Or is there any other procedure? How to pay fee and when to pay?

Is PCC required for each individual?

Also, I would like to know is PCC required for each individual? Do we need to submit passports of whole family (Husband is main applicant for Aus PR, my status as spouse and our 2 years kid as dependent) and separate forms also to get PCC?

Documents required for Australia PR

What are the other required/essential things for AUS PR which we can complete in advance to save time later on.
Please guide.

I checked the Indian embassy Tokyo site that you have shared and it does not list the steps and documents required for PCC clearly.

So, the best way is to call them and ask.
Usually, they do need original passport to be sent by mail or show them in person to verify your Indian identity.

Indian PCC is needed separately for each adult in your family who wants to immigrate to Australia.
Each PCC application is treated separately by Indian embassy and hence you need fill separate form for you and your spouse.
Your kid does not need PCC.

Australia PR documents list:

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for your reply.
Do I need to get 2 PCC?? One from Indian embassy Japan and other from India.
I am confused with the wording on Aus embassy site… Those are as follows
“… you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age…”

Also, I sent mail to Indian embassy Tokyo regarding procedure and all, but I have not received any reply. I am even not sure whom to contact for this. On their website list of designated officers names and email ids are given.

Please guide.

You need a PCC for each that you have lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years. It simply means that you need to get once PCC from Indian embassy for your India stay time and second PCC from Japan’s police for your Japan’s stay.

You can call Indian Embassy in Tokyo if they have a number to contact.