Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, I cannot travel at this time. But just in case, the H4 COS approved and H4 EAD is pending, what can we do to be able to continue my employment until EAD is approved. Just wondering!
I had applied both H1 and H4& H4 EAD this year. My H1 did not get picked and I am not sure when I would get my H4. Currently, I am doing my second Master’s and I am evaluating different scenarios and trying to find out which option I should choose, so as to make sure that I don’t do anything illegally. So, could you please guide me by addressing my queries.
Below are few dates related to my F1 status:
My F1 Visa Expiry Date: 10 June 2019
University program end date as per the I-20 : 30 August 2019
My current CPT End Date: 10 August 2019
H4 and H4 EAD receipt Date: 16 January 2019
Below are my questions related to H4 and H4 EAD:
If I decide to not enroll in any college after 30 August 2019, can I stay legally in the US after 30 August 2019 because I have already applied for H4?
If I can not stay in the country after 30 August 2019, how many days will I have to leave the country?
If I want to go to consular processing for H4 in India, can I do it? Will my H4 EAD application still be valid? Or will it be rejected?
If I do consular processing, get H4 and come to USA and my H4 EAD application is not denied, then, in general, how much time will it take for processing H4 EAD ?
If H4 EAD is denied and I reapply, then how much time it might take for processing?
Below are my questions related to F1, in case I want to continue working:
If I want to transfer to a new college that offers Day-1 CPT and its start date is anywhere after 30th August (Eg: 20 September) causing a gap in my F1 status, will it be a problem? Will I be out of status for those days?
I have checked a PhD program that offers day-1 CPT. The classes start on 26th August 2019. What would the best date to transfer my SEVIS from my current college to a new college?
Sorry for the long post. Hopefully, you can answer my questions.
Thanks Anil for your response and the compliment. I know its difficult for you to comprehend complex situations and the best way we can help you is by formatting our questions!
I understand you recommend going for consular processing for H4. But, one question related to this which is still confusing to me is:
Since I have already applied for H4 and H4 EAD simultaneously, and if I go for H4 consular processing in India, I understand that my current H4 will be rejected. But, will my H4 EAD application still be valid? Or will it be rejected too?