US visa interview Dropbox eligibility checker India
Dropbox Eligibility Criteria (Age > 14 years and Age < 80 years)Answer YES to all to be eligible
- I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
- My most recent visa was issued in India
- I received my visa after January 1, 2008
- My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
- My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
- My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen
- I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
- If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
- If I am applying for any other class of visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.
- Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.
- If I am applying for an F visa, am continuing as student at same school for which my previous visa was issued.
- If I am applying for a J visa, my current DS-2019 is issued by the same institution as the institution listed on my previous visa
Dropbox Eligibility Criteria for Child Age < 14 yearsI am applying before my 14th birthday. Note: Children under 14 must submit a photocopy of both parent’s passport biographic information and valid U.S. visa page.
DropBox Eligibility criteria for Age >= 80 yearsYour answer should be 'YES' to both questions:
- I am applying on or after 80th birthday AND
- My most recent visa application was not refused.
US visa interview waiver program - DropboxRepeat travelers to the United States are allowed to get their US visa renewed without appearing for in-person visa interview at US embassy. This saves time and helps people plan their travel in a better way.
Note that Using the interview waiver service does not guarantee visa issuance.
In some cases, you may be required to appear for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate, for example, if you submit an incomplete and/or inaccurate application.
Submit your application well in advance of your planned travel to allow for the possibility that a visa interview will be necessary.
Eligible for interview waiver - How to use DropBox?If you qualify for interview waiver (no appointment), you will receive a submission letter containing a document checklist. Print one copy of the submission letter.
Drop off your passport along with the listed documents mentioned on the submission letter at one of the 11 service centers.
- Your current un-expired passport (original)
- Your current or most recent visa - If visa is stamped on old expired passport, then submit that passport too in original
- One copy of the submission letter - You will get it after you have submitted your DS-160 form.
- One photograph taken within the last six months (according to US visa photo specifications). Do not submit the same photograph that you used in your LAST US visa. They are smart and might reject your case if you use the same photograph and your case will be delayed.
- Supporting documentation - 1 set in original + 1 set photo copy.
- Children applying through interview waiver should submit photocopies of their parents valid visas and passport bio-page.