Am I eligible for US Visa drop box in India, after H1B transfer denial?

h1-b

(Venkatesh Surendranath) #1

Hi,

I’ve already gone through drop box eligibility and find that am eligible for ‘dropbox’. However, I’m still concerned with “no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance”. Since, my H1B transfer with one company got denied before 6 months, but I got another offer with successful visa transfer and approved for 3 years. I could understand that this is not related to visa refusals, however please confirm that I’m still eligible to drop box if all of my other answers are “yes”, including the visa refusals?

I don’t have any visa refusals in my history(considering H1B transfer denial is irrelevant) and I’ve a valid visa in my passport which expired 3 months back. I’m travelling to India this Jan and hoping to use drop box. Please help me to understand.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

(Anil Gupta) #2

Yes, you should be eligible for dropbox.

But, being eligible for dropbox does not mean that you won’t be called for interview.

In the recent past, we have seen that many people have been called for interview even when they were eligible for dropbox and had dropped their documents.

So, plan your trip accordingly.