Am i eligible for Premium processing at Nebraska with H1B Amendment?

(Anonymous) #1

Hi Anil,

Last year i had my employer transfer, i had transferred my H1B to new employer filed my LCA from two location as Client is present in NYC& PHX, my transfer got approved on June 8th 2017 and i got it for 1 year.

Until june 7th 2018 i was working in NYC, Now i have filed extension in regular processing on May 07 2018 with PHX location only and now i moved to PHX and working from PHX client location.

My question now is

1. My H1B extension should be Amendment + Extension or only Extension.
  2. am i eligible for Premium processing?

(Anil Gupta) #2

Technically, both amendment and extension are same applications.
You request same 3 year work authorization in both.

The difference is felt when you have to file amendment (any change in job profile) when you already have an approved 3 year extension.

So, in your case, if your H1B term is ending or close to end, you will file an extension with only PNX (or may be NYC or multiple) locations.

Each H1B application is evaluated separately based on the paperwork you submit pertaining to your current situation.

In your case, you should be eligible for premium processing at Nebraksa if you file LCA for both PNX and NYC locations as that would be counted as ‘no change’ extension application.

Does that answer your question?

(Anonymous) #3

My file went to California center my case id starts with WAC.

(Anil Gupta) #4

Then, you are not eligible for premium processing at this time.

(Anonymous) #5

I have 70 day left on my 240 day period and i see current H1B process at CA location date is March 15.

Do i have any alternative ?

(Anil Gupta) #6

With no premium processing available, you have no option but to wait.
Remember that you will have to stop working once you reach 240 days.

(Anonymous) #7

hi Anil,

I raised E Request, it say expect a reply by 21 dec 2018.

Do you know what does that mean, i will get response of e Request by 21 Dec or my H1B extension result ?

(Anil Gupta) #8

I think what it means that expect a reply to your ‘E-request’ by 21 Dec 2018 and not your H1B application.