Adding spouse before lodging 189 but mentioned single in eoi?

I have mentioned single in my eoi. and going to marry before lodging application. will there be any problem to add spouse?? how much it will cost to add partner ?

will it still be possible to add spouse after i lodge my visa? as invitation is expiring soon. how this will affect my visa grant outcome duration??
thanks.

There is no issue in adding spouse after lodging or before lodging even when you mentioned single in EOI.

There is a link that appears on your application to make changes to your application and inform case officer about your changed circumstances after you have lodged (submitted) your application.

Marriage date before Visa Submit

It is better that you add your spouse before submitting the visa application if your marriage date is falling before your visa submit date.

Marriage date after Visa Submit date

Once you are married, summit your spouse papers and marriage certificate using the change in circumstances link.

This should be okay.

The fees for Adult, spouse and kid is mentioned here:

1 Like

Thank you so much Anil Gupta. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Dear Anil,
I had applied 189 visa on first week of November 2018. I recently got engaged but will not marry before July 2019. I think I will get my visa before my marriage. Please I request you to provide me feeback on following things:

1. Do I have to inform DHA that i have got engaged? or it doesnot matter unless I marry.
  2. I have heard while applying partner visa after i got my 189 visa, its lengthy process. Can I bring my partner in tourist visa after I apply that.

Thank you.
Regards,
Ashish

You can get PR for your spouse only if she is married to you. If you don’t get married, how will you apply for her visa?

You can apply other visa for spouse as you want including tourist visa.

Thank you for your quick response.
I was wondering if engaged status is changes in circumstances. As in website, there is written that, we need to inform about marriage or de-facto status. I thought engagement means starting de-facto relation.

No, de-facto is not engagement.
De-facto is something like living together without marriage.

No, de-facto is not engagement.
De-facto is something like living together without marriage.

All right then. I do not need to inform DHA. As I will be applying partner visa after I got 189, DHA asks for genuinness of relationship, but I will be applying partner visa as soon as I marry at that time.
Will it be good evidence if I mention engagment now in my application to prove contnuing, long, genuine relationship?

It’s your choice if you want to inform.

Hi @Anil_Gupta thanks so much for the important info.
I have 2 queries here:

1. Keeping in mind upcoming point system changes in November, do you think I should file EOI as single and after getting invitation I can get married and add my spouse?

2A) Does date of effect change when relationship status has updated in the EOI?
2B) What all information updates if made in EOI can change the date of effect?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Hi @Saba_A

If you are currently married, then you should choose married in your current EOI also.

Date of effect changes if your points change.

Thank for your response.
No, I’m not married yet but planning to, that’s why the confusion.

Then, you should file EOI as single and then update it as and when your marital status changes.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your inputs.

1 Like

Hi Miss Saba. what is your final action regarding this issue?I have the very same status. I have stated on my EOI that I was never married but soon to be engaged and planning to get married as soon I get invited.Can you pls provide more insights regarding this issue? Thank you very much.

Hi guys i am on same boat.
@Saba_A can you please more light on this what you did.
I am in similar situation I lounge EOI as single and now i am getting married soon. What should i do notify department or something else

Hey mate have you got your answer i am on same boat if you have any information please share

Hi guys, I would like to ask something related to this topic. Me and my long time girlfriend are applying for a skilled visa 190 and just submitted our skillselect as “single and never married”.

Our initial plan was to submit our EOI as de facto. We’ve been together for a long time for about 7 years, but because of confusion with regards to the new policies, we entered our information as single and never been married.

So the question would be, will it be an issue if we suddenly changed our EOI info from single to de facto and proved our relationship?

Note that we’re applying 190 having the same skill occupation. Hope you could answer my question.

Hi @Emil_Ella

Its better you change EOI as soon as you possible to declare your relationship.