ACS Skill Assessment - commerce graduate with Masters in IT

acs-assessment
(Deepika Arora) #1

Hi,
I had applied for skill assessment for migration under 261313. I am a commerce graduate but my masters is in IT. My skill assesment result shows this:
“Your Master of Science In Information Technology from Sikkim Manipal University completed
January 2013 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a Major in
computinng”
But I could not figure out how many years they will deduct out of my 12 years of work experience. This is important to know because my points will reach to 75 if they deduct only 4 years or 2 years.

Regards,
Deepika

(Anil Gupta) #2

What is the ‘after month’ mentioned in thr ACS report?

(Deepika Arora) #3

After month is January 2013. So does that mean that only 5.4 years of experience will be considered and I will get only 10 points? or there will be another deduction in experience years?

(Deepika Arora) #4

The following employment after January 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

(Anil Gupta) #5

As per the ACS assessment, you can only claim work experience after Jan 2013 as relevant to claim points.

(Deepika Arora) #6

So I will still get 10 points for my experience. Right?

(Anil Gupta) #7

Yes, as per current work experience points slab and your relevant experience falling between 5-8 years, you can claim 10 points.